We invite writers from all countries to submit their scripts to the Southern California Screenplay Competition (SCSC).
Below are the terms and conditions for the competition:
- All scripts must be submitted in English.
- All submission fees must be paid in U.S. dollars.
- All script and payment submissions will be made online only.
- All US based applicants will receive a phone call from SCSC to confirm receipt of their script. All International applicants will receive an email.
- All scripts must be the original work of the author(s) with no restrictions from a third party.
- All scripts must be in a pdf format with a title page that clearly states the title, author(s) name(s), email address and/or contact phone number.
- Scripts will not be eligible if they have been sold, produced for profit or optioned.
- Only original scripts will be accepted, including teleplays. The following do not qualify for our competition: novels, short stories, stage plays, musicals, treatments, synopses, reality show concepts and spec scripts for existing TV shows.
- Writers/applicants can only submit scripts. We will not accept loglines, taglines, synopses, casting suggestions, resumes, cover letters, photographs or any other materials of any kind.
- Scripts adapted from your own work, including books, plays and other source materials are all eligible, but only if you retain all rights to your work.
- Adaptations from other works will be accepted, under the condition that the writer of the original work has granted you written permission to use his/her material.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are also permitted.
- The competition is not limited to one script per writer(s). Writers may submit multiple scripts.
- All scripts must contain a title page with the following information included: title of the script, name(s) of writer(s), telephone number and email address. This information is for office use only and will not have any bearing on the judging process or decision-making.
- The winners will receive script coverage feedback within 14 days of the winners’ announcement.
- Once a script has been submitted, no revised or future drafts will be accepted.
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must provide written permission from a parent or guardian in order to submit their work.
- By submitting their work, applicants agree to accept all decisions made by the judges.
- All writers are advised to register their material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or the Writer’s Guild of America or the equivalent copyright agency in his/her country.
- All writers/applicants retain the rights to their screenplays.
- All writers/applicants are non-exclusive to the Southern California Screenplay Competition (SCSC) and may submit their screenplays to any other person, competition, producer, agent, publisher and/or organization.
- In the event that an applicant wins either the feature length or short film competitions, he/she agrees that the Southern California Screenplay Competition (SCSC) are permitted to use his/her name for advertising and/or promotional purposes.
- Competition winners will receive financial compensation in the form of a check.
- All winners and runners up who receive financial awards are responsible for their own tax liability.
- Writer(s) may request a refund of their submission fee up to 24 hours after the initial submission payment has been made.
- Writer(s) acknowledge and accept without reservation that he/she is an independent contractor and under no circumstances are the judges administrators at the Southern California Screenplay Competition (SCSC) responsible for withholding taxes or payments to any local, state or federal government agency.
By submitting your work, you agree to all the terms and conditions stated above.
Terms & Conditions